ARCBRO AirCut Plasma Power Source
– Suitable for our machine perfect !
< AirCut | Standard Features >
- Digital control make the machine with steady current, high concentration and quiet good quality. The max pierce thickness has improved more than 20% compared to traditional plasma cutting machine.
- Using lengthened 30 cm cutting torch, the arc striking success rate is higher than 99%.
- Mesh cutting function is easy cutting and not frequent striking.
- Lining before cutting is for precision cutting to save more cutting material.
- Plasma gouging function making cutting smooth and clean, can avoid carbon carrying in seam caused by carbon arc gouging.
- Non-HF striking, no high –frequency interference to CNC cutting machine.
- Suitable for Hypertherm and Trafimet cutting torch.
- Finish jobs faster with cut speed three times greater than oxyfuel cutting.
- Reduce cost with long consumable life and more uptime.
- Four modes can be switched：Cutting, Gouging, Griding, Marking.
- Friendly and eye-attracting display, parameters setting clearly.
- Status LEDs, real time cutting status is under control.
- Press to adjust the function.
|Parameters Model||AirCut 60||AirCut 80||AirCut 100||AirCut 120|
|Rated input voltage (V)||380V±15% 50/60 Hz Three-phase AC|
|Rated input current (A)||9.8||13.4||22.4||29.4|
|Rated output capacity(X=60%)||60A/104V||80A/112V||100A/120V||120A/128V|
|Rated no-load voltage(V)||307±5%||320±5%|
|Rated no-load current(A)||< 1|
|Energy efficiency grade||Grade 2|
|Rated duty cycle||80%|
|Case protection class||IP23S|
|Quality cutting thickness(mm)(Carbon steel)||20||25||30||35|
|Quality cutting thickness(mm)(Stainless steel)||15||20||25||30|
How a plasma cutter works
Plasma cutters work by sending an electric arc through a gas that is passing through a constricted opening. The gas can be shop air, nitrogen, argon, oxygen. etc. This elevates the temperature of the gas to the point that it enters a 4th state of matter. We all are familiar with the first three: i.e., solid, liquid, and gas. Scientists call this additional state plasma. As the metal being cut is part of the circuit, the electrical conductivity of the plasma causes the arc to transfer to the work.
The restricted opening (nozzle) the gas passes through causes it to squeeze by at a high speed, like air passing through a venturi in a carburetor. This high speed gas cuts through the molten metal. The gas is also directed around the perimeter of the cutting area to shield the cut.
In many of today’s better plasma cutters, a pilot arc between the electrode and nozzle is used to ionize the gas and initially generate the plasma prior to the arc transfer.
Other methods that have been used are touching the torch tip to the work to create a spark, and the use of a high-frequency starting circuit (like a spark plug). Neither of these latter two methods is compatible with CNC (automated) cutting.
Plasma cutting is a vital process for any metal fabrication shop. Unlike oxy-fuel, plasma can cut stainless steel, aluminum, and brass, as well as mild steel.